NO ACCESS ALL AREAS




Our beloved council has recently spent a fortune on opening the river that runs through the centre of town, presumably to make it a tourist attraction. In the process we have lost upwards of 30 disabled parking spaces and the road has been closed off  with large concrete bollards.

A river runs through it
 
Lovely , but I cannot park close enough to have a good look!! Where have all these parking spaces gone?? I spoke to 3 different departments at the council about this very question and not one of them could give an answer.. In fact one lady did not even know that these disabled spaces were gone.

While we are on the topic of the local council - why are their receptionists selling R.A.D.A.R. keys to non-disabled people? I know they are cash-strapped but....

Thanks to the council for putting in a dropped kerb to gain access to my local park . But why did it take 6 months??


MOTO SERVICES BIRCH M62.
There is a disabled lift in the foyer next to the stairs.I got in, the doors shut,but when I pushed the button to go up nothing happened,neither could I get out again. My friend had already gone up the stairs and I am shouting at the top of my voice to attract her attention.When she saw me stuck in this glass lift she pointed out an emergency contact number (after she had managed to stop laughing!) 12 feet above me at the top of the lift.
I phoned and eventually a young girl came and told us "this was always happening". Between her and the cleaner,they managed to get me out. No sign saying "out of order" was put on the lift and 5 minutes later a very old lady got trapped and became very distressed.We then found out that there is a side entrance with disabled access but no sign to tell you this. Good job we could get a "cuppa" to revive us as an apology was not on the menu!

THE JUNC TION INN DENSHAW
This pub/restaurant is now a fantastic venue which has recently been refurbished and very smart it looks too including  a new disabled toilet. Unfortunately someone decided to park  their stock of high chairs right in front of the hand drier  - not much use to a disabled user.
It's all very well having these facilities, no good if you cannot get in to the pub in the first place!
There are two entrances, both with steps! This pub just isn't accesseble to anyone in a powerchair

The Junction Inn you can't get in!

RAMSBOTTOM LANCASHIRE
I visited this pleasant town recently but could not get into any of its many quaint shops as they all have steps from the pavement and as I have said before, the powerchair cannot climb steps. Eventually we were so hungry ,we managed to get into a fish & chip cafe and they were delicious.When we came out, having left the chair outside,it had rained so unlike the lovely crispy haddock I had just eaten for lunch, it was me that ended up with a soggy bottom.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Have WAV will travel

Action required/action taken